Core Law-Minimize the Legal Risk - Virtual
Thursday, September 15, 2022 (9:30 AM - 12:30 PM) (EDT)
Understanding real estate law is part of every real estate licensee’s business. The more a licensee knows, the better he or she can work with customers and safeguard them from legal complications. Buying and selling property requires a lot of legal paperwork. Today, more than ever, it’s important to know the laws governing the practice of real estate. This material will provide a "red flag notice" of when participants are potentially going into a danger zone—the unlicensed practice of law.
Per Chapter 475.451, this course may only be taught by DBPR Permitted instructors.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Identify and avoid the unlicensed practice of law.
• Describe the two Supreme Court Approved lease forms for use by licensees in Florida.
• Describe the seller’s duty to disclose material facts under the Johnson v. Davis ruling and the licensee’s duty under Rayner v. Wise Realty Co.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Florida Landlord and Tenant Act.
• Describe the disclosures required in the sale of Condominiums or properties covered by a Homeowner’s/Community Associations.
• Identify Florida Environmental and Growth Management Laws.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the requirements in the Florida Brokerage Relationship Disclosure Act.
• List the duties included in the Single Agent, Transaction Broker and No Brokerage Relationship.
• Identify the requirements for transitioning a brokerage relationship from one to another.
• Describe the disclosure requirements in the Designated Sales Associate Relationship
• Explain the FREC rules regarding a Broker’s Escrow Account.
• List and describe some of the common environmental hazards associated with real property
• Identify the rules regarding Mutual Recognition Agreements Florida has with other states regarding licensing education.
REALTORS® must register for this webinar through their Primary Association. Their Primary Association will be billed by Florida REALTORS® for their attendance.
Webinar starts at 9:30 AM and ends at 12:30 PM. Please login at least 5 minutes prior to start of the webinar.
CE ~ Core Law