When it comes to affordable housing, Florida enjoys access to the Sadowski State and Local Housing Trust Fund. The Florida Legislature is always working to appropriate Housing Trust Funds for housing in Florida. Community leaders and residents have asked for help with soaring housing costs and the shrinking supply of affordable housing.
This course will outline the need for affordable housing in Florida and highlight the importance of the Sadowski State and Local Trust funds in meeting this need.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Understand what the Housing Trust Fund is.
• Understand the difference between SHIP and SAIL programs.
• Learn how to access funds at the local level.
• Realize how to help clients apply for funds (eligibility/timelines).
• Identify the legislative process for annual funding approval.
• Ascertain the challenges within the system.
REALTORS® must register for this webinar through their Primary Association. Their Primary Association will be billed by Florida REALTORS® for their attendance.