Just imagine a Realtor® is in a situation where they want one thing, and their counterpart wants another. What to do? Challenge them to a duel? Although dueling days are past (whew!), there is a way to find a solution – and that is through negotiation. This course examines the art of negotiation and what it can mean for a real estate professional when practiced correctly. It will help Realtors® determine what negotiation is and how they can use it to find a solution.
In learning that negotiating is finding a suitable compromise while keeping the focus on what each party needs to get out of the situation, students will understand that negotiation is a valuable skill that can assist them in and out of work situations. Realtors® will learn about themselves to best understand how to negotiate with their clients. Best of all, it can help them earn more money and get the results they desire.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Provide an environment where the parties involved are aware of each other’s needs and are willing to work together
• Bring to a conclusion a negotiation where each participant leaves satisfied with results
• Explain merit-based negotiation and how beginning with a desired outcome improves the well-being of all participant
• List the five power positions and how each can be used in a specific negotiation to achieve
• the desired outcome
• Demonstrate six negotiating tactics that benefit the parties to the negotiation
Non Members $25
Association parking lot and entrance is located in the rear of the building. Access is located off of S. Iowa Ave and Citrus Ln. Public parking is also available at Hollis Gardens on Orange St. located directly across from the Association.