Core Law-Avoiding the Danger Zone
Tuesday, March 21, 2023 (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM) (EDT)
Lakeland REALTORS® presents Florida Realtors CE Express - Core Law with 3 Hours Core Law CE Credit
Understanding real estate law is part of every real estate licensee’s business. The more a licensee knows, the better he or she can work with customers and safeguard them from legal complications. Buying and selling property requires a lot of legal paperwork. Today, more than ever, it’s important to know the laws governing the practice of real estate. This material will provide a "red flag notice" of when participants are potentially going into a danger zone—the unlicensed practice of law. Per Chapter 475.451, this course may only be taught by DBPR Permitted Instructors.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
• Identify and avoid the unlicensed practice of law.
• Describe the two Supreme Court Approved lease forms for use by licensees in Florida.
• Describe the seller’s duty to disclose material facts under the Johnson v. Davis ruling and the licensee’s duty under Rayner v. Wise Realty Co.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Florida Landlord and Tenant Act.
• Describe the disclosures required in the sale of Condominiums or properties covered by Homeowner’s/Community Associations.
• Identify Florida Environmental and Growth Management Laws.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the requirements in the Florida Brokerage Relationship Disclosure Act.
• List the duties included in the Single Agent, Transaction Broker and No Brokerage Relationship.
• Identify the requirements for transitioning a brokerage relationship from one to another.
• Describe the disclosure requirements in the Designated Sales Associate Relationship
• Explain the FREC rules regarding a Broker’s Escrow Account.
• List and describe some of the common environmental hazards associated with real property
• Identify the rules regarding Mutual Recognition Agreements Florida has with other states regarding licensing education.
Instructor Gonzalo Mejia
Members No Charge
Non Members $30
619 E. Orange Street
Lakeland, FL 33801 United States
Association parking lot and entrance is located in the rear of the building. Access is located off of S. Iowa Ave and Citrus Ln. Public parking is also available at Hollis Gardens on Orange St. located directly across from the Association.
EDU-CE In Person