Who Pays For That?
Thursday, August 31, 2023 (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM) (EDT)
Lakeland REALTORS® presents Who Pays For That? 3 Hours CE Specialty Credit
Buyers and Sellers of Commercial and Residential real estate are often conflicted over what constitutes an "environmental issue."
While this course will not make you an environmental specialist, it will help you learn how to identify potential environmental issues, which you can then convey to your customers/clients, so they may seek the counsel of an environmental professional.
Objectives: After taking this class students will be able to:
- Have a better sense of change in perception of environmental issues.
- Identify common environmental issues impacting real estate
- Explain a seller's obligation to disclose environmental issues in a residential transaction
- Define the process and details of the different phases and types of environmental testing
- Understand the remediation process
- Provide options when there are environmental issues with the property
- Appreciate the interplay between environmental issues and contractual obligations
- Learn about who typically pays for environmental testing
- Understand what the process of government enforcement and remediation is when there is an environmental issue.
Instructor: Jennifer Warner
Non Members $10
619 E. Orange Street
Lakeland, FL 33801 United States
Association parking lot and entrance is located in the rear of the building. Access is located off of S. Iowa Ave and Citrus Ln. Public parking is also available at Hollis Gardens on Orange St. located directly across from the Association.
(863) 687-6111 Ext 102
EDU-CE In Person