Realtor's Guide to Historic Properties
Tuesday, October 24, 2023 (11:30 AM - 1:00 PM) (EDT)
Preserving Lakeland's Past: Realtor's Guide to Historic Properties - Non-CE
Join us for lunch while guest speaker Christopher Olson reviews Lakeland’s Historic Preservation Board and what realtors should be aware of to enhance the buying and selling of properties in the historic districts:
• What is historic preservation and what does it involve?
• What makes a structure historic and what regulations apply?
• How many historic districts does Lakeland have currently?
• What are the different styles of historic homes and what makes them contributing versus non-contributing, and what does this mean?
• What is the Historic Preservation Board & what is the Design Review Committee?
• What is the homeowners' obligation and what resources are available to them?
• How do these questions and answers impact realtors and discussions with buyers and sellers?
The answers to these questions and any of your own questions will be our topic.
Guest Speaker: Christopher Olson, Chairperson of the Lakeland Historic Preservation Board
Born in Lakeland, Christopher Olson has been working on a historical non-fiction book due to be published this year about a Seattle pioneer family. He has a Bachelor of Marketing from the University of Idaho and an MBA. After working on a coffee table book on the history of his home in the Biltmore-Cumberland and then another for his cousins in South Lake Morton, a century home, he met Michael Maguire. Since then, he has continued to assist Michael’s Century Home project as a volunteer researcher.
Lunch provided by United Title Group
619 E. Orange Street
Lakeland, FL 33801 United States
The association parking lot and entrance are located at the rear of the building. Access is located off of S. Iowa Ave and Citrus Ln. Public parking is also available at Hollis Gardens on Orange St. located directly across from the Association.
EDU-Non CE In Person